Why Chalk Paint®?
Chalk Paint® is a very special paint for very many reasons
- It’s the BEST paint for painting furniture by a long way.
- You can use the paint by diluting it with water to make a wash to show the wood grain.
- You can use it as an impasto ( thickly) – leave the lid off to thicken.
- You can use it on almost any surface, indoors and out ( the outside of our shop was painted in it- perfect!).
- No need to prime or prepare.
- The colors are mixed intelligently and the web site shows how you can adapt your colors for your use.
- It’s a girls’ paint, but boys can use it too.
- It’s flexible so you can be creative and change you mind.
- The paint can be washed off your brush even when you find your brush weeks later. [I never do that of course.]
- It allows your walls to breathe so it is perfect for cottage walls.
- Extremely low VOCs so it is good for the environment.
- It doesn’t form a skin on it when you leave the lid off – just add some water if it’s too thick.
- Very little black is used in their manufacture so the colors are mixed with thought.
- You can paint it on walls for a soft matt effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect.